Wednesday, May 23, 2012

2003 and 2004 Disney Half Marathon

This was the first of many future Mommy and Me trips.  Mom is the one that accompanies me to the majority of marathon races with my papa bear tending to go for the ones closer to home (that local 5K or 10K).  
I remember running 2003 in a pair of black shorts and a white tank top with a Coca-Cola logo.  The race was fun and I was starting to learn what to expect with the start and race.  I was still full of nerves, but having finished a marathon before I was excited.  I laced up my adidas gazelles (which were only used for distance races during track at this point).  I felt bad for the marathon runners that had to keep going when I was the one heading to the left towards the finish.  Mom was at the finish this time and of course I later went on to have that Mickey bar.

2004 1/2 Marathon
2004 was much more fun.  I found a lime green dress at the store.  My mom and I cut the dress and paired it with wings for a Tinkerbell costume.  I've run with wings at Disney ever since.  I felt like I was flying that year.  I was in my senior year at college and was able to pull together an amazing race, even stopping to visit characters along the way.  My mom and dad came that year.  We went to the awards ceremony (which was held on Monday morning) on a whim.   I finished 4th in my age group and was given a plaque.  






No comments:

Post a Comment