Thursday, May 31, 2012

Goofy 2007 Expo and Parks

Well, year number 2 of Goofy was drastically different in terms of weather.  Goofy #1 cold, Goofy #2 EXTREME HEAT!  When I say extreme heat I am talking about it approaching 90 degrees and over 80% humidity at 3:30 in the morning when you leave for the start.  


At the Expo
After the expo back at MK
Mom and I spent a week at Disney this time and visited the parks in the days leading up to the race as well as after.  My aunt Patty and uncle Danny drove down and had fun at the parks with us.  They weren't quite sure of all this marathon stuff so they wanted to check it out.  I had gone to packet pickup prior to their arrival and talking about the expo they wanted to go.  The first visit to the expo I just got what I needed and left so I could go back to the park (priorities here).  The second visit to the expo was a lot of explaining the purpose of the shoes/stick/runner gels/etc...to my aunt and uncle.  We did happen to stop at the scrap paper booth and to our surprise a photo of me from the previous year was being used in the example book.  Back at the room my aunt gave me a scrap book she put special paper in and decorated the cover so I could put photos from Goofy #2 in it.  They were calling for a break in the weather, starting Monday so no luck with racing, but it is what it is.


my own scrap book
scrapbook at the expo

fun at the expo



No comments:

Post a Comment