Monday, June 30, 2014

June Miles

Happy last day of June!  This month just seemed to fly by.  Gearing up for the Shoreline half marathon in mid-July my training for June hit some high mileage.  I managed to make all of my long runs within 5 seconds per mile of the target time.  My intervals and tempo runs were a little all over the place with most being faster than the target time.  Early on I had the Mendon Mauler and that beat me up pretty good but also let me know that I could hang in there when it got tough (those hills were brutal).
Without further adieu here is the breakdown of my June miles:
1st week:  43 miles
2nd week:  36 1/2 miles
3rd week:  35 1/2 miles
4th week:  43 miles
extra days:  14 miles
Grand total for 30 days of June:  172 miles!

July will be a significantly lower mileage month as I will taper a bit for the half marathon then have an easy week before beginning my abbreviated training cycle for a September half marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment