Wednesday, May 22, 2013

More New Shoes

I love the smell of new shoes and figured with the training I plan to do this summer to prepare for the Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare that I should have 2 or 3 pairs of shoes.  I already have some Puma Yugo's (discontinued) and Brooks Green Silence (discontinued) that are more for racing in instead of the miles I plan to put in.  That being said I am still really drawn to the lightweight, nothing there shoes because of their comfort.
Mom and I went to DSW because I know what I like when I try the shoe on, and according to her my face lights up and she can tell it's my right fit shoe.  I tried on just about every pair of running shoes they had in the store and it came down to 2 of the last about 7 shoes that I tried on (as always, the last pair).  Between the two shoes I went with the Saucony Cohesion 6.  The other pair I was on the fence about because they were more cushiony feeling but were slipping in my heel a bit.  
 They have a little bit of my favorite lime green neon with a bold blue.   They lace like traditional shoes (I've gotten used to the asymmetrical lacing of my Green Silence).  Best part of the news is they are a "less expensive" shoe since they are so simple.  Grand total was just over $50 (probably the least I've spent on a pair of shoes, including past favorites that were on clearance).
 They have plenty of "grooves" in the sole that allow for a full range of motion and flex easily while running/walking.  I love me a comfy right out of the box shoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment