Monday, May 20, 2013

New Socks and Shoes

When I went to pick up my packet stuff for the Rochester Flower City Challenge Half Marathon at Fleet Feet I decided I was going to buy myself a new pair of shoes.  After trying on all the pairs the guy brought out for me that fit my "criteria."  My criteria is it be comfy like wearing socks and I told him what I had been wearing and that I wear crocs for just about everything else in my life.  The shoes were all nice, but not exactly what I was hoping for.  As I was about to go home without a pair of shoes I spotted my favorite shoe on the shelf. 
Hello beautiful new shoes!  I love the Brooks Green Silence and this is my 5th pair of the beauties.  They are discontinued (I went online to see if I could order a pair and they were all gone).  This happens every time I fall in love with a shoe.  After the guy went in the back stock room he came out with the lone pair left in my size and called the other Fleet Feet store in Rochester to see if they had a pair to hold for me as well (no luck on that).  I've read that having a pair of sport specific socks can make a huge difference in blisters and all that jazz so I decided to try out a pair of these balega's.  Still determining if I like them better than my Target 6 pack of cotton socks.  A few long runs will be the determining factor for the socks.  
 Currently I just finished up week 3 of training for the Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare and am looking forward to the workouts that start in week 6 and visiting my sister in Colorado for a good chunk of the summer (quality training with the altitude).

No comments:

Post a Comment