Sunday, June 9, 2013

Training...week 6

So week 6 of my half marathon training following the marathon training program went pretty good.  I did all of my easy runs for the week and did half of the track workout (6x400 instead of 12x400) and felt really great.  I hit my target time with some effort but nothing over the top.  I cut my Saturday and Sunday runs in half since I am in Colorado visiting my sister and don't want to "overdo it" with the altitude difference and give my body some time.  So far not bad and making sure I run slower than I should.  I did miss my 5 mile tempo that was scheduled for Thursday due to extreme downpours, but I did elliptical at a very hard effort for the time it would have taken me for the tempo plus some extra easy warm up and cool down minutes.
I am going to try to follow week 7 while I am here and adjust my hard workout paces according to perceived effort instead of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment