Monday, December 16, 2013

Weekly Training Roundup Week 13 & 14

Running on a cruise ship is hard.  Not only physically but mentally.  Despite the challenge or running small laps or dodging wind barriers and lounge chairs I survived the week long Caribbean cruise that Manfriend and I went on.  I did not get in any workouts and just focused on hitting the miles as best I could due to the circumstances.  I tried the treadmill one day and that was a huge failure.  I couldn't even walk on the stinkin' thing without people thinking I was drunk--the ship is rocking one way, you're looking out a window with the waves going every which way and I just couldn't visually handle it and look coordinated.

Our first full day on the ship was my "weekly long run" and to be honest it wasn't my favorite despite the giant grin on my face.  I made Manfriend sit on the deck with my water bottle and help me keep track of laps.  The wind decided to blow my hat off (although I did catch it) so I spent the rest of the run semi-squinting.  It was hot and humid every time I ran (and I did run at 10pm a few times).
 Yup, they closed the "larger lap" deck on me every single time for cleaning and such forcing me to go on the short, jogging track.  Large lap Lanai deck was 2.5 laps per mile and the jogging track was 7 laps to the mile.
 Week 13:
Sunday     10 long
Monday    7 easy
Tuesday    5 easy (I was also quite seasick for the first 3 days)
Wednesday  off
Thursday   7 in 65 min (I tried to go faster but that's a small twisty lap)
Friday        6 easy
Saturday    7 easy
Weekly Total (all ship miles too!):  42 miles

Week 14  we arrived at Disney late Saturday afternoon to check out the holiday decorations.  Although it wasn't on a cruise ship I had a 1.25 mile course mapped out at the hotel and used that.  Sunrises at Disney are Magical and I highly recommend them.  Then we came back to reality and winter decided to arrive with real feel temps in the single digits.

Sunday      16 long (around the Generation Gap pond) 2:01 (might be closer to 15 miles or 15.5)
Monday     5 easy
Tuesday    workout of 2x3 mile that I converted to 1x3 mile and 1x1.25mile with 1 mile between due to heat and humidity   total for the day 8.5
Wednesday  off
Thursday   9 elliptical (icy and snowy yuck out)
Friday        4 easy (busted out the extreme gear and yak traxs)
Saturday    3 medium (the wonderful life 5k snowy and very cold)
Weekly Total:  35.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment