Monday, May 5, 2014

Lost toenails

So many people seem to talk about losing toenails after some distance events (such as a half marathon or marathon).  They seem to think it is just something that comes with the territory of being a "runner" and proudly claim that they just lost one or have lost x many over the years.  Did I miss something in running 101 way back in the day?  I call myself a runner but have never lost a toenail.  I've been running since 1993.  Am I doing something wrong or are that many people doing something right and I missed the boat?  If I am wrong I should also state for the record that I have no desire to join the club of, "I've lost toenails,"  just so I can be right.  There have been times my toes hurt from blisters after a hot and humid run, but still those nails cling to my toes.   Do you think lost toenails is a cause for celebration or that you might need to make a change so you keep those little buggers?

No comments:

Post a Comment