Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Luke's 5k

Luke did his second ever 5k while I ran the Rochester Flower City half marathon.  He was a champ about it and despite a nasty blister on his foot when he got home was a trooper and did indeed finish the race.  He's been ellipticalling almost daily and while that is good he learned that it is NOT the same as going out there and pounding the pavement.  
I am so proud of my Manfriend.  He was telling me that as he approached the finish the male winner from the half was also finishing.  I told him that it made sense to me, if it took Luke about an hour to walk it and the winner started 15 minutes before he did and could run just over an hour...
photo from D&C online
Later that day I get a phone call from my Momma telling me that the Democrat and Chronicle has a photo online of Luke, kind of blurry in the background of the male winner.  Yup, there is my Manfriend flying the Bills colors in the back left.  Even though I want him to go running with me and do races with me I just don't think that is ever going to be his thing.  I am just happy that he ellipticals consistently now.  We will take that as a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment