Friday, April 18, 2014

Racing Ahead--my planned races

I really haven't done too many races besides Disney and thought to myself, why not pick a few local races this year and really help keep my training more focused over the summer?  Disney is a large expense so I made a serious effort to pick races and distances (ahem, mostly half's) that would be close to home and keep me on track with training.  Of course I am likely to throw in a 5k or 10k here and there because those can be fun with their themes. On a side note my plans are "heavy" in September and October since I am looking at the possibility of qualifying for Half Fanatics.  Nothing special, just bragging rights about running so many half marathons in a time span.

April 27--Rochester Flower City Half Marathon (goal--under 2 hours but we shall see, the weather has been brutal for training with our never ending winter)
July--Shoreline Half Marathon (goal 1:45-2:00 depending on the weather, heard it can be hot and humid)
September--Rochester Half Marathon (goal 1:45--not registered for this event yet)
October 5--Diva's Half in Long Island (goal have fun with my college friend Miss D)
October 19--Empire State Half in Syracuse (goal--not sure if it is race hard or stick with Manfriend if he does decide to run it.  still not registered)
December--5k Wonderful Life/Run in Bedford Falls (aka Seneca Falls) I did this race last year and it was adorable and a great atmosphere
January--Goofy #10 absolutely no goal but to finish and celebrate the whole time--boatload of pictures

Any suggestions on races I should consider?

No comments:

Post a Comment