Thursday, August 7, 2014

Running Group Time

So I joined our local Mom's Run This Town running group and so far it has been a lot of fun.  There are group runs, events once in a while to go to that are not running related and great conversations in the Facebook group (as well as making plans to meet up for runs).
 This was the largest gathering I attended.  It was a a local bar/grill after a short 3 mile run and BOGO margaritas.   Of course we also had a photo just before we went for our run.  Several momma's joined us after the run for the meet up part.
 I went to a small local race to support some Moms as they participated in their 10k or 5k races.  The picture below is from another chapter that is about the same driving distance for me for some of the events.
 Lastly, I've been going to Saturday group runs since it is my easy day and it is nice to get out of the house and meet new people and chat.  Many of the girls are at the local races so it is nice having someone to meet up with before the start of a race to help take off the edge of those pesky pre-race nerves that seem to strike when you are alone.
I am looking forward to many more group runs and events with these lovely ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment