Monday, August 11, 2014

snacking

 Summer can be quite warm for training and those long runs just don't happen on their own.  I've always had cravings for salty foods (like chips) in the summer months and probably because I am sweating buckets out there.  Luke hung out at the track with me the other weekend while I got my long-ish run in.  The track was the better alternative to extremely sloped roads that make things ache.
Lately my favorite go-to post run snack has been some delicious Goldfish Crackers.  I love how they are salty and smile back.  I am crazy and buy these in the giant carton instead of the paper with foil lined bags.  I then put them in several smaller storage containers.  Tasty and they go nicely with some ice cold milk.  How do you refuel after a sort of long run?

No comments:

Post a Comment