Friday, August 28, 2015

One Week Post Baby


Ok, so I went into labor at 18ish pounds (a guess since my last visit almost 2 weeks before was barely 17).  One week later I am down10 pounds and my ankle swelling has gone almost all the way away.  Goodness, I have never had such swollen ankles, even flying home from Cali after Disneyland races.   I bet it would be completely gone if I wasn't spending all my time sitting around a hospital loving on my gal.  Cinder misses me and hangs with me whenever I am home, which isn't very often as I spend most days and nights at the hospital to be near Critter.  I am home pretty much to re-pack an overnight bag.  
I am quite certain that my abs have that horrible thing that happens to 1 in 3 where they separate down the middle.  It happens when you carry all in the front-which I definitely did.  I am pretty sure the other 7-8ish pounds I gained during the pregnancy are some muscle in my legs from carrying the extra weight and the rest was just a "bonus" for me that I get to work on losing at some point.   I am being very careful and Manfriend is taking great care of me, bringing the laundry up/down the stairs and carrying my overnight bag every day.  Hopefully our Critter comes home by the end of week 2 and I can start going for walks to feel good and get that blood flowing and some sunshine that I so desperately need.

 I would love to go running but most definitely am not up for that yet--my butt might just kill me if I tried since walking fast doesn't "feel right" yet.  One step at a time.
 And below I am wearing a Mickey shirt to celebrate our Critter being one week old.  Still looking somewhat pregnant but early stages of pregnant.  Most people, especially the nurses, keep asking if I am sure I gave birth a week ago.  Um, yes and I would like my flat tummy back please instead of the little pudge pouch that I have happening currently.  Although that pudge isn't stopping me from scarfing all kinds of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment