Friday, September 4, 2015

6 weeks after baby

Well, it has been 6 weeks since Critter was born and I got the green light to run and work on my core strength.  So excited to be back to running and starting to feel good and hitting my stride once again, albeit slower than before but we will get there in time.  I came back from a run and felt great the other day because I caught up to and passed the construction vehicle that was dropping orange cones to get ready for the day of road work.
 I am clinging to about 8 pounds and the doctor said it will go away at some point with my running and nursing but that for now my body needs it so it's here for a little while.  Matters of the little belly that I am sporting were not helped while I was eating an ice cream sandwich and Manfriend reached over, rubbed the belly and said, "I love that belly."  I offered him the ice cream sandwich that I had taken just one bite of and started to cry.  He said, "no, you eat it.  I know you want to and I love that belly because it was Critter's home."  OK, so he meant it in a nice way but it still made me upset.  I know it is there for a good reason but at the same time it's not the body that I am used to.  Later he said, "Critter's getting a belly."  Yup, she is but let's not talk about that.  I don't want to have us in the habit of commenting on peoples weight because it can be an issue lots of girls deal with in middle and high school--I've seen it with coaching so I suggested he say things like she is looking healthy or getting stronger.
 Can we talk about how I can't seem to keep up with everything?  I think I am doing pretty good with it all but the laundry--who knew something so small could create so much laundry?  Spit up, peeing while  getting changed and then our laundry thrown in there too.  This is an almost daily scene at my house.
 Well, that is about what is happening 6 weeks after Critter.  She is officially a newborn now and should start to do "newborn" things like crying and such.  Although she is 6 weeks we have to "age" her development based on her due date and not her actual birth date.  By the time she is 2 or 2 1/2 she should be caught up with her peers and no longer need the age differentiated development for milestones.
Oh, and that running thing--it's kind of tough when you feel exhausted most of the time to really get out there and run when you'd rather roll over and go to sleep.  But I always feel much better after the run and try to nap later in the day when Critter sleeps.  

2 comments:

  1. What belly? You look great! And I need to see her again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need some more close ups of her! You look fantastic, really. It is a hard adjustment not being able to do the same things you used to do pre-baby. You will soon enough, try not to rush it and just go with the flow. You're doing great and that sweet baby girl is precious!

    ReplyDelete