Monday, September 21, 2015

Trail Running Film Festival

Awhile ago our local Fleet Feet sent out an e-mail and had it listed as an even on their Facebook page that a Trail Running Film Festival movie would be in Rochester.  I asked Manfriend about it and we decided to have a date night.  It was our first night away from Critter other than when she was still in the hospital.  My mom was our fantastic baby sitter and we knew she was in great hands.  
 Manfriend splurged and got us the VIP tickets that came with a swag bag.  All the money raised from the ticket sales went to our local county parks that host a bunch of trail events for runners.  It was a win-win.  I ended up with some great running stuff.  Our VIP also came with a free beer from ROC Brewing.  We both had the Badass Pale Ale.
 Our VIP bags had our names on them and most of the bags were pretty much the same with a few small differences.  We also were given a raffle ticket that they did during intermission since several short films were shown and it was a 3 hour event.  Raffle items were 4 pairs of shoes, shirts, socks, race entries and such.  And they were not stingy on the quantity of raffles.  Of course a pair of shoes ended up being the raffle ticket number smack dab between our two.
 Above is my swag bag items.  A pair of Brooks compression type socks, some lock laces, adidas sweat band things, a saucony beverage warmer and a metal camping style nike trail running coffee mug filled with 2 gu's and some gels.  Also a sticker and air freshener.
 I have never used lock laces for my shoes but think I might give them a try.  I know they are awesome in a Sparkle Skirt as a drawstring so you don't have to tie/untie.  Below are my Brooks socks.  I went for a run in them the other day and they are comfy and so soft. They compress slightly but not as much as my sleeves.  I see these enjoying many fall and winter runs to keep my a little warmer and add some support as my runs get longer.
 My Gu selection involved some chocolate sea salt and maple bacon.  Interesting idea to eat maple bacon on the run.  I think that might get given to someone else.  I also got a variety of sport beans.  Manfriend got the same stuff but no maple bacon flavored gu's.
 Below is Manfriends swag bag (aka mine now :) ).  He got the same things but a metal trail running water bottle instead of a mug.  Each bag also contained some shoe laces.
 The films were awesome and I enjoyed the inspiration that they provided to help kick some of my running into gear.  Rainshadow running presented the film festival.  I enjoyed the short documentary about the 5k-ish race up Mt. Marathon in Alaska.  It was called 3022.  The other one I really liked was Run for Colin about a guy that ran the entire Pacific Coast trail to raise awareness.  It was a great night out and much needed for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment