Monday, September 28, 2015

New Brooks Gear--yes please!

I kind of wore the treads down quite a bit on my old shoes but wasn't ready to admit that I needed to buy new shoes because let's face it, they are pricey and I like the neutral cushy shoes that tend to cost the most.  Well, zulilly had a sale on Brooks gear and I love me some Brooks gear.
Last year I got to test out some mitten/glove combo apparel at a group run at a local running store.  I loved them but not the $50 price tag.  Hooray for me getting them half price.  They also have a light on them for running in the dark since we all know that winter running often happens in dark or getting dark hours.  Added bonus they are neon orange with reflective piping.  The orange mitten part flips back and tucks into the wristband pocket so it isn't flapping around when you get toasty.  These also have the thumb that flips open as well so you can start chilly and "peel" off a layer as you get warm.  A key to winter running--dressing in layers!
 I already own the neon yellow jacket that I purchased several years ago.  I bawlked at the price then and still do now, but considering it is one item that I wear almost daily for 5 months of the year and it is beyond comfortable compared to other windbreaker jackets I've owned it is worth the investment.  I kept staring at the hot pink vest for when it is chilly but not enough for a jacket and Manfriend decided that had to go into the cart for me.  "Babe, you love running and will use it.  You're getting it."  At least he understands my obsession with running.  And the last item to drop into my cart was  a pair of new shoes.
These are the Brooks Launch.  I had the opportunity to be a wear tester for these shoes a few years ago before they were released to the public and loved them.  I love my Green Silence more but since those are long gone/discontinued I went back to an old favorite.  I really like the fact that they haven't changed anything about the shoes with each model upgrade other than color.  The groove pattern on the sole is the same along with the placement of stitching and design elements on the shoe upper.  

No comments:

Post a Comment