Monday, September 7, 2015

What my day looks like lately

It's almost 3am and I can hear Critter starting to stir in the bassinet next to me.  I get up with her, change the diaper and feed her.  She is wide awake and "witching."  Critter will not go back to sleep so we hang out together with me singing songs, snuggling and just doing whatever to keep her somewhat soothed.  It's almost 4am and I am hungry so we are downstairs and I am shoving a Luna bar in my mouth while trying to keep her calm.  Eventually she spits up some stuff and stops "witching" but refuses to sleep.  Approaching 6am she is hungry again and we've been up since about 3.  I change the diaper and feed her.   She is out for the count before I have her swaddled up.  I put her back in the bassinet and change into my running clothes--leaving Manfriend to tend to her should she start to fuss.  He has been asleep through all of this.  
My Goofy training plan is in place and it starts in a few days so right now I just do what I feel and whatever pace I want.  This particular day I am happy because I was feeling speedy and went faster than the construction traffic cone dropping vehicle.  Upon returning home I grab a bowl of cereal, put dishes away from last night.  I brew a cup of decaf pumpkin coffee because I love pumpkin everything and just love the smell of coffee and holding the warm cup.  The house is quiet.  While eating breakfast I check e-mails, blog or play on Facebook so I can check in with the group I admin. 
About 7:45 I head upstairs to take a quick shower.  If it is a Tuesday or Friday I also clean the bathroom.  Critter is starting to stir so I change her diaper and feed her about 8:30.  We head downstairs for the day and I make Manfriend a lunch if we don't have leftovers from dinner the night before.  Somedays my mom stops over and I go grocery shopping or run an few errands.  Other days I might go over to my mom and dad's and then run my errands.  Somewhere between 2 and 3 hours later Critter is hungry again so we do the changing of the diaper and feed her.  
Around noon I am hungry again so I make a peanut butter sandwich with goldfish crackers and put Critter down for a little bit so I can eat and check e-mails and Facebook plus read some blogs.  She has been held by me almost non-stop since her 8/8:30 feeding.  If it is a Wednesday I vacuum the house (also done as needed other days) and if it is a Monday or Thursday I clean the kitchen.  If she is still sleeping we will blog, edit photos or just read news stories out loud.  
She stirs and we do the whole diaper/feed her thing again and then plop our bums on the couch for an afternoon of reading.  We have been reading chapter books out loud to her.  I will read for about 2-3 hours depending on how long she goes between feedings.  Other days I put on music and sing along while laying on the couch with her snuggled up.  We also toss in some tummy time just as she is starting to stir about 3 times a day.  
About 5:30/6 she gets another diaper change and fed before Manfriend comes home.  When he comes home he is "on duty" while I make dinner, put laundry away or do laundry.  We have dinner together and she sleeps in her bassinet.  He may or may not snuggle with her after dinner (sometimes he has to do more work from home).  I wash the dishes and finish up some chores in the house and get in more Critter snuggles.  

It's approaching 8:30pm and I change her diaper and feed her again.  She fusses a little after so I snuggle with her until she is asleep.  I put her in the basinet next to me and go to bed about 9:30pm.  If she is still fussing at this point I hand her off and Manfriend takes her until 11 when I will feed her again unless she is sleeping in which case I let her go until 12:30am and wake her if she hasn't stirred on her own.  
 

1 comment:

  1. There's the pics! So sweet!! You need to add a few naps in there for you! I was exhausted for you just reading all the work you are doing!

    ReplyDelete