Thursday, October 29, 2015

Ready, but NOT

We woke up to that dirty little 4 letter word that starts with S the other day.  It was icky and called snow.  Yup, it happened in October this year.  I am ready for the weather meaning I have the gear but I am NOT ready for the months of endless cold that are to follow.  
 In my laundry room, which is adjacent to our garage door entrance, I store my running gear that is for as you head out the door.  Meaning hats, gloves, jackets and shoes.  My actually running clothes are in the upstairs linen closet--yup, a whole closet devoted to my running gear and the office closet devoted to Sparkle Skirts (spoiled in closet space and running gear).
 I have my reflective vests and bright jackets hanging on a hook over the laundry tub sink. My visors are clothes pinned to the front of my storage bins.  I have 3 bins.  One holds all of my gloves and mittens.  That's a lot of gloves and mittens but when you think about how I have fat ones, thin ones, warm ones and cool ones so I am set for all kinds of weather from fall to spring.
 Another bin holds all my hats and ear bands.  I have a lot of ear bands and it all depends on the weather what one I will wear.  They get tossed in the wash all the time so it is necessary to have many. When they become "tattered" they become throw away gear for a chilly morning at Disney.
 The last bin holds things I don't need on a daily basis in the winter or summer months.  This includes my hand held water bottle, head lamps, reflective slap bracelets and bandanas along with extra visors and hats.
 The last thing that is by the door is my shoe collection.  When my shoes get old I hang onto them for an especially rainy day when I don't want my good training shoes soaked.  I will also use an older but not "dead" pair of shoes for putting my yak trax over so the salt doesn't completely destroy a good pair I need for the marathon and a half.
While I am not mentally ready to admit that winter is on the way I am prepared with my running gear to keep getting out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment