Wednesday, October 21, 2015

weekly recap (it's about time)

I've been back running for a while now and things are going well.  I just started workouts in my training cycle as I prepare for Goofy race #11.  Last week I ran a total of 38 miles and 2 workouts plus 4 easy days.  I nailed my workouts too!  I was scheduled for my first "long run" but I felt cruddy so I bailed and just did some easy miles.

Sunday--the long run I bailed on and opted for an easy 4.
Monday--track workout where I did 7x600meters with 400 between and then wrapped up with a 400
Tuesday--day off from running
Wednesday-- a 5 mile tempo run in an average of 8:04 pace and a total of 7 miles for the day
Thursday--easy 4 miles
Friday--easy 8 miles
Saturday--long run of 8 miles and average of 8:32 pace

My paces are faster than the plan calls for but I know that will settle down as the miles pile up a bit more.  For now I am just generally tired but happy to be getting out for runs.

1 comment: