Monday, February 8, 2016

Lucky Charm--marathon outfit

I promised I would share the story behind my marathon outfit and here it is.  I have a closet full of sparkle skirts and I love them all--some more than others.  I gravitate towards the same skirts over and over because of their lack of glitter and bright, fun colors.  I often will wear a glitter bomb for a race or one that is very sparkly.  Well, one night as the race approached Critter was fussing and just wanted to be held so I decided we'd play in the sparkle closet.  Yes, I have a whole closet devoted to sparkle.  
 She could have cared less and just wanted to be held and snuggled.  I looked through all the skirts and kept coming back to Lucky Charm.  I felt guilt that I wanted to wear that skirt because it is one of the skirts I wear *all*the*time.*  We didn't decide on a skirt that night and I just kept having this nagging feeling that Lucky Charm was the skirt I needed to wear over the next few days.  I kept thinking about that skirt.  I tossed it in my suitcase without so much as a backup glitter bomb "just incase" and two lime green shirts that matched.  One was a heavier fabric tech and the other a lighter fabric tech--for the weather.
At the expo I saw the runDisney shirt in lime green and since lime is my favorite color it had to go home with me.  With the weather to be very humid I decided to toss caution to the wind and wear the brand new shirt on race day--against all the cautions of "nothing new on race day."
I am happy to say that I felt great the entire race and my skirt really was my Lucky Charm.  Everything worked out perfect with me picking up a shirt for the race at the expo and running what would have been a PR had I not needed to stop and pump.

No comments:

Post a Comment