Friday, March 25, 2016

First Run Together

The day that we volunteered for the Runnin' of the Green water stop we had un-seasonalbly warm weather (in the low 60's and sunny!).  The day/night before hubby had an allergic reaction to Girl Scout cookies that meant a late evening trip to the urgent care center followed by the ER, little sleep for me and a zonked Manfriend (thanks Benadryl).  Well, if I wanted to go running and enjoy the nice weather that meant I'd have to push the stroller for the first time.  
 I knew I wanted to wait until the weather was nice so that it would be an enjoyable experience for Critter and not awful.  It was close to nap time and I was scheduled to run 8 miles and said to myself let's just do 4, I'm tired and this is going to be a new thing for both of us.  She fell asleep about a mile in and woke up as we walked up the driveway to finish up the run--all smiles too!
I attached her Minnie Mouse crinkle toy with some of her plastic chains and she had fun shaking Minnie and chattering to her "friend."  Let me tell you, pushing a stroller is not easy--even if you have one of the top of the line strollers with bells and whistles.  I was about 1 min. 30 sec. slower per my easy pace miles with the stroller and took lots of mini walk/water breaks during those 4 miles.  I am sure it will get easier with time.  Now if only the weather would go back to being nice instead of our "welcome spring snowfall!"

No comments:

Post a Comment