Thursday, April 7, 2016

Fashion Night

So on Friday, April 1 I went to Fashion Night at our local Fleet Feet store.  Tickets were $20 or you could get a VIP ticket for $30.  With your ticket you were given $20 off any apparel purchase that night after the event and the proceeds from the event went to our local Children's Hospital--win/win!  I splurged and went for the swag bag--it was all going to charity anyways and I would get some extra goodies out of it plus front row seating for the show.
 At the end of the show they had the "models" walk the runway in their last outfits.  The models were store employees, local newspaper writer that does a lot of focus on athletic events/outdoor activities, local gym owner and a local radio DJ among other runway walkers.  After the show we were allowed to take a turn on the runway--of course I did and modeled my sparkle skirt.
 My swag bag wasn't as exciting at the one from our movie date night VIP.  It was 2 t-shirts--one from a new gym that will be opening and the other from a "clean eating" place that does meal prep/planning and sends the food to you. Included in the goodie bag was also a speed jump rope and a water bottle.  My favorite item (that I now realize isn't in the photo) was a mini-Saucony shoe key chain.  Saucony reps were at the event pouring drinks (free wine, beer and water/soda) with all the tips going to the hospital as well.
The event doors opened at 7 with the fashion show starting promptly at 7:30.  The show lasted just shy of 30 minutes.  Each outfit was listed in a brochure that had our $20 off coupon so we could mark items we liked and get assistance post-fashion show finding what we liked.  There were 25 outfits/shoes modeled and then the shopping began.  I ended up coming home with some Tailwind (a beverage for long runs to try) and a pair of black pants that were on major clearance (we are talking regular price of $105 down to $25) and a pair of really short shorts that I will likely use as bathing suit bottoms with a sports bra.  It was a great evening and I am glad that my mom offered to take care of Critter so that I could have a night out.  Manfriend enjoyed an evening out with the boys.  

No comments:

Post a Comment