Thursday, April 14, 2016

Things I Thought, "that's stupid, I'm not doing that."

There are things that I would see people (parents) do that I thought to myself, or even said out loud, "that's stupid.  I don't know why they do that.  I would never do that."  And here I am doing that.  In no particular order:
*talking in that baby voice.  Thought it was stupid until Critter responded to it and it's tough not to do when you get those smiles and giggles.
*smelling their rear end to see if they went potty.  Sniffing is more of a confirmation of that fart was something more or sometimes to see if they peed since diapers are squishy and bulky to start and you'd rather not have to strip the kiddo down to find out they didn't go in the first place.
*wiping drool/spit-up on your shirt sleeve.  That was always gross to me but with my own kid it's not so bad and you do what you have to.
*get excited for small things.  Other people had kids and would be excited because they rolled over.  Big deal  was all I could think but now that I have a little of my own it's those little things and they are huge deals.  They are major milestones and worthy of celebrations--even if it is dairy free ice cream after the kiddo goes to bed and a high five with your Manfriend.
*making sure bedtime is a certain time and not really wanting to be flexible on that.  Totally get it now. Avoid the major tears and screaming followed by over-tired party animal that doesn't want to sleep and then when they finally sleep not sleeping very long.
*wanting a mini-van.  Well, in all honesty I kind of want one and wanted one before having our Critter.  I have done a few relay running races and mini-van was way more practical than the Suburban.  So before even having Critter I started wanting a mini-van.  If Subaru made a mini-van I'd be all over that since I love my Subaru.
*time is going by so fast.  It does and I get it now.  Don't even go there.
I am sure there are other things missing from my list that have crossed my mind over the past almost 9 months (Critter is growing up so fast!).

No comments:

Post a Comment