Monday, April 11, 2016

If Crocs made Running Shoes...

I have long joked that if Crocs made running shoes I'd buy them.  And I was very serious.  I love my Crocs and own over 30 pairs (they aren't all just those hole filled beach ones either!).  Well, I have heard great things about a brand of shoes called Altra and was wanting to try them.  They boast of a roomy toe box (love that about my crocs, no squished toes) and being a minimalist shoe (I love my minimalist shoes with a 4mm heel/toe drop or less).  Well, someone in a running group was selling a pair in my size and with shipping I figured the price was right to give them a try.
 I headed out the door on an easy run day and took the pink puke peptobismal colored shoes for a 6 miler.  Oh my gosh I fell in love with the shoes within minutes.  It felt like running in Crocs without the heel slippage.  My feet were very happy.  At the end of my run I had to take a little pause and wait for those creatures to cross the road so I could finish up my run.  Yup, two deer crossing the road.  This happens regularly by the way.
 So these are my "new" shoes and I love them.  They have very minimal decoration/details on the toes and it is like wearing a sock with a hard bottom.  The pink across the toes is rubber and across the top of the foot is mesh.  Wearing the shoes is like walking around without shoes because they are that comfy and un-restrictive.  Oh, and that little dot on my right leg is a lovely scar from the Disney bus marathon morning this year.
Looking forward to more training runs with my Altras and hopefully finding another pair or two in the near future.  I will definitely want to go to the store and try on several of their different types to find one that I "love" but these are pretty amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment