Friday, June 8, 2012

Dream Job? Sign me up!

Disney teamed up with Career Builder to host a contest for Disney Dream Jobs.  To enter you needed to submit a video about your Disney dream job and then the videos would be judged based on some criteria (I forget all the details  about that now) and of all the videos 20 would be selected as finalists for the viewers to vote on for the final five and winners of the competition for their dream job week(end).  Dream jobs were Princess in Waiting, Haunted Mansion Maid/Butler, Parade Performer, Pirate or Jungle Cruise Skipper.  


Thanks to my Papa Bear and his sense of humor I was all about the Jungle Cruise Skipper.  
Crazy shenanigans ensued while filming the video audition.  My mom loaded her shower with plants from around the house.  Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a fan of plant life.  I have a fear that it's going to go Adam's Family on me and come to life and drag me away or eat me.   I dressed my boyfriend (now husband) in a Dumbo costume and referred to him as elephante.  My dad had just taken his boat out of winter storage so I donned a bright orange life vest over a duck yellow poncho.  After several failed attempts at having a monsoon come out of no-where (my sister was all about helping if it involved throwing a bucket of water at me).  First monsoon attempt, I choke since she threw it directly up my nose.  Second attempt I believe something happened with my contact lens.  We continued to throw water at me (boyfriend, sister, mom...) and with no success except lots of laughter from the peanut gallery.  Finally my mom decided, hey the shower head is connected to a hose so I can just kink it until it's time and we can get it right.  Success! 
I edited the video as much as possible and paid extra close attention to the details about length, file size and such.  Well, I was chosen as a top twenty for people to vote on.  Enjoy the audition video!

No comments:

Post a Comment