Saturday, June 23, 2012

Dream Job...Day 1

We had almost the whole day to enjoy the two Disney parks (airfare, park passes, hotel and surprise "extras" included).  I had been to Disneyland for spring break in college so I wanted to go to Disney's California Adventure first.  We had about 4 days, plus there was a line outside Disneyland.  
Park Entrance
Upon entering the park we took pictures with the Cars guys and other things so we could always remember the trip.  On a whim I thought we should go explore some trail thing.  Year of a Million Dreams is taking place and they had a cast member passing out Fast Pass Badges.  Lucky us.  Although with the fast passes we split the day a little between the two parks. 


Fast Passes!
We went on a few of the attractions at California Adventure.  There wasn't a line so Karen and I went on the Zephyr.  You can tell she's just a happy go lucky person.  Check out her waving from the ride.  We even got my mom to take a ride on the Sun Wheel. 



Family Photo

When we headed over to Disneyland I had my photo taken with Dream Goofy.  He had on his sparkly blue suit as part of the Year of a Million Dreams.  I of course also had my picture taken with the one and only Dumbo.  He is my favorite character of all time.  Seriously, who can resist those blue eyes and cuteness?  

Dream Goofy

Dumbo
One of our fast passes was for Splash Mountain.  Getting my mom on this attraction was not very easy, but we did it.  We told her it was like the log ride at SeaBreeze.  There was just the one drop that you could see and the rest was like the Lazy River at SeaBreeze.  She was content to hang out and wait for us to protect the camera.  We put it in a plastic bag in the backpack and decided the person in the front would get the least wet--the splash seemed to be getting the back passengers wet.  I love the photo of us as we plunge into the briar patch.

look at Papa Bears face
We went back to California Adventure cause I wanted to see their nighttime parade.  I had told my parents about the Main Street Electric Parade when I saw it at Disney World in college.  When we went to Disney World for my first marathon they'd replaced it with SpectroMagic.  I was disappointed but my parents thought it was great.  The lights dimmed and the music started.  I lit up, it was the Main Street parade!  The best parade ever!

recognizing the best parade ever music


As if I wasn't excited enough about the parade they'd added something very special.  DUMBO was REAL!  He wasn't just a light up carousel piece.  My mom was so excited when she saw Dumbo, but mostly just excited cause she spotted him before I did and watched my face light up the way it does when I find the perfect pair of running shoes.
  
Dumbo!
After the parade we went back to the hotel.  We had the official start of Dream Job events tomorrow. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment