Thursday, June 21, 2012

Vote for Me!

My audition was chosen as one of the top 20 finalists for a trip to Disneyland to have the opportunity to actually perform the dream job.  The voting began and I seriously sat in front of the computer watching it over and over and clicking  "vote."  My mom would sit and vote at her computer and family/friends were doing the same thing.  My vote count was less than a few other videos, but when the voting ended I was a winner!  There was a formula they used that weighted the votes along with some other Disney rubric that they used to determine the winners.  I was contacted via e-mail and had about 2 days to get the paperwork in order and sent back to them with the copies in the "snail mail."  Being the superstitious person I am I had to have papers notarized and I brought a Disney pen with me to the bank for signing the papers.  I couldn't believe I had won.
Arrival at LAX
My boyfriend (now husband) had just started his new job so I selected to have Pal Karen come with my mom, dad and I.  Karen is married to Bob, who is one of my dad's friends and she's a ton of fun.  Karen and Bob had been to Disney for marathons with me before so I knew it was a good choice.  Plus I didn't want any family members mad at me for not picking them.  My sister was bummed but we all had to fly out of the same airport and she had just moved to Virginia.

gift basket full of goodies

Invite to Finding Nemo Submarine Opening

Our flight left at about 5pm and we got into LAX at about 2am their time.  We were exhausted.  At the airport we were picked up by a nice SUV and taken to the Disneyland Hotel, where we met the guy I'd been in contact with about the job and hotel/flight arrangements.  We brought him some frozen Zweigle Hot Dogs (local yumminess) and some Finger Lakes wine and Grandma Brown Beans.  When we got to our room more surprises!  A welcome tote filled with goodies and an invitation to the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage Launch Party.
our room at the Disneyland Hotel...I felt like a Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment