Monday, January 21, 2013

Expo 2013

My mom and I headed to the expo on Friday morning.  The goal was to get my bib and then register for the Dumbo Double Dare (10K Saturday and 1/2 Marathon Sunday at Disneyland, CA).  I came prepared with e-mails from the previous year about my name change and being perfectly Goofy...and fortunately I did not need them (big hooray!).
 The lady checking my id and pulling my bib double, double checked the bib number on my waiver and the bib she pulled out of the box.  I love her shocked face at my perfectly Goofy.  When they get a perfectly Goofy they shout out and all the volunteers in the area start clapping/cheering.



Posters showing the course, staging area and corral info
There was a fun prop studio set up where you could wear mouse ears, gloves, goofy hat and hold pillows that said excellent, run, marathon, half, 2013.  There was quite a bit of time between the 4 photos it snapped so I did a little switcheroo of poses and pillows. The lady manning the booth was trying so hard not to laugh at me when I tried for a second pillow.

 My bib chip worked so we were all set and headed over to the other half of the expo (where all the vendors were).  The vendor portion seemed more crowded than usual and the aisles felt narrower.
fun photo opportunity
 The runDisney booth... very cool lit mouse ears but a small area.  After I scoured the racks of Disney merchandise to find a Goofy necklace (they were supposedly sold out but I got one).


I signed up for the Dumbo Double Dare.  We waited in line for about an hour but I am all registered and now have to book a flight and hotel for California.  In the runDisney booth they have meet and greet opportunities.  Here I am with Jeff Galloway (run, walk, run...)  Joey was also there.  Joey was so busy he didn't have time to eat his egg sandwiches or drink is 2 coca-cola's that he carefully tried to hide behind his name sign.  If we waited about 10 minutes we could have also seen Drew Carrey. 


 As soon as we got back to the room to drop off things from the expo I checked to make sure I received the confirmation e-mail about Dumbo Double Dare--I did!  I pinned my bib to my dress so it would be ready-ish in the morning.  Pulled out my socks, hair ties and made my candy bundles for the next day.  Then we decided to go check out another hotels decor and have lunch.



No comments:

Post a Comment