Tuesday, April 9, 2013

fueling on the run

I always had a difficult time munching on those gels and goos on the run so I would carry pez and gummy fruit slices for fuel during the marathon and half marathon.  On my long training runs I would test out other foods... starburst (too chewy and tough when it's cold), other candies... not much luck with traveling well or being easy to eat while on the go.
The other day at Wegman's I was checking out the organic food/energy bar section and came across these little beauties.
They are orange blossom fruit snack items and are similar consistency to the gummy fruit slices.  They taste great and travel well.  Best of all they are not red like so many of the other energy fruit gel/chews that are out on the market.  Red food dyes upset my stomach on the long run.  Can't wait to test them out in a race situation at the end of this month at the Flower City half marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment