Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Gu's... what works for me

Having quite a few weeks of long runs and tough workouts I figured now would be a good time to try out a few different flavors of energy products.  I have found some new ones that will work for me as well as some that will be ok for sometimes (aka I have to be in the mood).
Salted Watermelon.  Delicious but very sweet.  I didn't mind this too much as it was about 40 degrees outside and made me think of summer.  I am not sure I would feel the same about the sweetness of this for a longer race.  I'd have to take this early and be in the mood.  Overall, tasty and I like it.  

Vanilla Bean gets 2 thumbs up from me.  It is sweet but not over the top.  It is like canned frosting but not as sugary sweet.  This went down easy for me and I didn't need to chase it with a lot of water to get the taste out of my mouth because it was "too much."

If you love Caramel sauce on your ice cream this is for you.  I love this flavor but it is a little strong and needs quite a bit of water to get washed down.  I can eat caramel by the spoonful and this was just like that--delicious!  If it is a chilly day I recommend that you "knead" the packet to get it warm and gooey before eating.  I had some the other day when it was cold and it was more difficult to swallow since it was like a the caramel sauce that was in the fridge.  
Pinapple flavored Gu.  This was decent but would only be a flavor for me in the summer.  I am not sure I could stomach this in the cold as it doesn't fit your usual cravings based on the weather.  I love soup in the winter but not so much in the summer--hence pineapple falls in the love in the summer but not high on the list for winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment