Friday, November 14, 2014

Feetures! sock review

I splurged on some wool socks the other day at our local Fleet Feet store.  I never thought I'd be the person buying socks for $15 a pair.  Oh my goodness are these socks beyond amazing!  Right out of the package I put them on my feet and headed out the door for a 10 miler.  It was about 35 degrees and raining.  My feet are usually quite chilly--often purplish gray by the time I finish my runs in the winter.  
 The socks are extremely soft and kept my feet warm and dry.  I took my shoes off and my socks didn't even feel wet but my shoes were quite damp/wet.  My feet didn't feel too hot or ever get cold during my run.  I am going to have to head back to the store to get a second pair of these for my long runs in the winter since I have about 2 runs over an hour in time each week.  Thinking the other pair will have to be "taller" since my ankles are now the part that I feel the chill from the weather.  Below is a photo of the socks on my feet.  I stood on the edges of my feet so that you could see the design of the sock a little better and how they wrap around the arches and are specific to the foot.
Do you have any favorite cold weather running apparel that I should try out?

No comments:

Post a Comment