Monday, November 10, 2014

Race Dots

I don't know about other runners but I was kind of over the whole safety pinning race bibs to my clothes.  If it is a costume or shirt I don't plan on wearing again that's ok with me but many of my clothes are ones I wear on a regular basis and the pins put holes in my shirts.  Through social media I found out about racedots and figured I'd order a set and give them a try.  
First off, the package was a pain the behind to open, but then again so are all plastic packages.  I ordered online and had them in my hands about 3 days later--fast shipping.  The magnets were STRONG!  I could fairly easily pull them apart when they had the cardboard they came in separating the front from the back but without that cardboard good golly that was tough.
I wore them for a local 5k and was quite pleased.  It took me a while to get them situated on my bib and  to position my bib how I wanted but I am sure with some practice I will get better at putting my race number on with the racedots.
The front and back of the magnets are designed to "interlock" with each other.  The fronts have a bump on the back that sits in the holes where the pins usually go.  The backs look like a washer or "O" and the bump from the front kind of nestles into the "O."  So happy that I ordered these and am looking forward to many more pin-free races.

No comments:

Post a Comment