Thursday, November 6, 2014

Half Fanatic #9040

I officially qualified for Half-Fanatic status after the Diva's half in early October.  The idea of becoming a half-fanatic has been like a little flicker in the back of my mind for quite a while and the timing was right for my races so I decided, "why not."
To officially qualify you need to run 3 half marathons in 90 days or 2 within 14 days.  I was close to the 2 in 14 days one but Rochester half and Diva's half were borderline in my opinion and my Shoreline half in July eeked in for a qualification of something like 78 days if I remember correctly.

Now that I am a half fanatic I am trying to figure out how I can "moon up."  That's just a fancy way of figuring out how many races I can cram into certain time spans to be of higher than "entry level" fanatic.  Plus, I can read about many small races that may have never been on my radar before that I might have an interest in as I travel.

Now that the flame is burning and not flickering on my half-fanatic status I've started thinking about Marathon-Maniacs-- 3 marathons in 90 days.  Yeah, I've officially crossed into Beyond-Crazy status.

No comments:

Post a Comment