Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Flower City 1/2 Marathon Expo

The weekend of the Flower City 1/2 marathon consists of a du-athlon and tri-athlon on Saturday and a half marathon and 5k on Sunday.  The expo ran Thursday, Friday and Saturday with the option of packet pickup only on Sunday at the race venue.  Being a small town the expo was quite large and very welcoming.  
 You could either walk through the store to enter the expo floor or enter through a side door.  The hall leading to the expo had a table with safety pins and two of the shirts available for purchase modeled.  This is only half of the expo floor.  What I didn't photograph was the line for the packet pick-up.  You picked up your bib only on the expo floor (they had out a red carpet and ropes to walk as you approached).  There were several shoe companies there as well as some new clothing merchandise not in the store part.
 After you picked up your bib you had to walk through the store to their community room to get your race packet that had your shirt and drawstring bag that had a few fliers in it as well as some samples.
 I liked that the shirts were blue in color this year instead of the white that they have been the past few times I have run.  The colors are always yellow and blue with the logo because I suppose those are our community colors?  As much as I like the blue I kind of wish it was white because I always wear in the summer over my bathing suit to keep the sun off my shoulders and white is a "cool" color that reflects the heat away.
Overall I am very impressed with the size of the expo and variety of merchandise that was offered for such a small town event.

No comments:

Post a Comment