Monday, July 16, 2012

Favorite Things...

So I've been running a long time now (more than half my life).  Over the years I have favorite shirts, pants, outfits, shoes and such.  Once in a while I'll make sure to let you know the favorites and must haves of my running life.  These are essentials and have been in my must travel with me for years (talking since middle school here folks for two of the following three items).

my must have running items
First essential item for running is a good hair tie.  I cannot stand to have my ponytail sliding down and getting loose.  These Goody Stay Put elastics are amazing and really do stay put.  I loved them the minute I bought them several years ago.  They've gone to "less elastic" showing on them but they are still amazing.  I've run marathons and my ponytail stays put.  Enough said.
best hair ties EVER
Second essential item for running is some good lip balm/ chap stick.  I am a big fan of the Vasoline though.  I can put it on somewhat thick and go for a long run in the winter (think 20 miles) and still have it on when I get home.  I also slather it on my lips before bed to keep from chapping.  But is it messy?  Well, I do use lip gloss or chap stick during the day but for runs nothing beats some good old Vasoline.  It is also great to rub on hands like lotion and then put on a pair of mittens before a long run. Little messy in the mittens but it's good at keeping your hands from getting cracked in the cold winters.
how much water?

Third, and final essential item for today, my Camelback Nalgene water bottle.  I've had water bottles before and didn't really get into using them/carrying them with me.  I love this one though since it is a bite and sip straw.  I've been drinking more water with it and it's easy to travel with.  

No comments:

Post a Comment