Tuesday, July 10, 2012

That's the End

Now that I was done with my Jungle Cruise duties the only thing left on our agenda was the closing ceremony at the hotel.  We said goodbye to Randy and Jordan.  They gave us a Jungle Cruise pin and a copy of the whole script (not just the few pages we were given to memorize in the weeks before arrival).  The script was about 45 pages with alternate jokes for each scene.  
at the closing ceremony
The closing ceremony was very nice (would you expect anything else?).  We were greeted by our character mascots and had some delicious snacks and desserts.  The cast members and ambassadors that had helped us throughout the event thanked us for being so wonderful and making the event so much fun for them.  We were each given an amazing gift.  It was a photo of Mickey giving us our Cast Member pins after our Disney etiquette training and all of the Dream Job members in front of the castle.  The frame was a golden hue with Mickey's in the scroll design.  
team mascots
We said goodbye to each other and then my family and I headed out to the park.  Disneyland was open until midnight... that means lots of fun for me!  Those that know me are well aware of my last night at Disney/I'm leaving syndrome.  I burst into tears during the fireworks--especially the wish upon a star part.  After that it was all smiles.   

Jungle Cruise Donald Duck

 What do you do when the park is fairly empty after fireworks?   I head to Fantasyland since most of the little kids are gone and the lines are short.  Can you guess what line was really short? 





Dumbo had "no" line.  I was able to walk off and walk right back on again.  After doing this about 5 times the cast member working there told me I didn't have to exit unless there were about 10 people in the line.  Another dream come true... getting to fly with Dumbo over and over again.  I think I rode on every single Dumbo there was.  My mom chatted briefly with the cast member during one of my flights and I was given a Magic Feather to take home.  
It was an amazing experience and I loved every exhausting minute of it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment