Friday, July 13, 2012

it's Friday!

Don't panic but it's Friday the 13th.  My sister is coming/in town (landing about now from her plane).  I've got more Disney race re-caps to write about but I thought I'd let you know what I've been up to with my own training.  If you live in a cave or under a rock you probably haven't noticed the extreme heat lately.  I have and my training has suffered as a result.  Just to keep this interesting and not a list of what I'm doing to train for the Giant Race (1/2 marathon) in San Francisco this September here is a photo of me ready to elliptical.  I usually wear crocs and socks or my toes go numb in sneakers.
elliptical outfit

Here is what this week has looked like:
Sunday:  about 5 miles (in just under 9 minute pace)
Monday: 4 miles (close to 8 min miles)
Tuesday: elliptical for 75 minutes (it was too stinkin' hot out)
Wednesday: 4 miles (about 10 minute miles... it was like 78 degrees out and I don't run if it's over 80)
Thursday:  3 miles (26 minutes--cool in the am but about 90 by afternoon)
Friday: overnight low of 74 means I'll be ellipticalling for about 90 minutes today (yay Netflix movie)


Goal for next week is to start incorporating some stretching since I am horrible at that and not flexible at all.  I'll aim for 5 minutes a day since I think that will be manageable for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment