Monday, September 23, 2013

Weekly Training Roundup week 2 of Dopey

So week #2 of the Dopey training looked like this for me:
Sunday      5 easy and mow the lawn
Monday     3 elliptical miles with cold rain outside all day
Tuesday     5 easy
Wednesday 5 easy
Thursday    5 elliptical and mow the lawn
Friday        3 easy
Saturday death by burpees

Actually Saturday was challenging but I survived.  My friend Dani decided it was a good idea to do a Spartan Sprint.  I agreed a month ago to this and didn't train for it.  I ignored the workout of the days from them (ha, run a few laps and then do burpees.  I'll just run).  Should have done some stinkin' burpees to get ready for this since we hauled it up to the top of a mountain and back down plus some crazy obstacles and if you "failed" you did burpees.  After one failed obstacle I was not going to fail anymore since my arms were shot (30 burpess will do that to me).  Will post more and photos when they are available to me from the race.   Another tip if you consider a Spartan race... (it is fun) make sure you pick a non-championship event one since I believe it may be easier, but only slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment