Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Sparkle Mail

I love getting sparkle mail.   Sparkle mail is what I (and other sparkle fans) refer to when we get our running skirts in the mail.  The company Sparkle Skirts is based out of Florida and they make the most amazing running skirts.  When you get your package it comes with glitter tissue paper wrapped around your skirt and a quick note from the people that work there (usually a good luck with your upcoming race or happy running around town).  They respond to e-mails really fast too!
 This was my first Sparkle Skirt (pixie dust).  It is lime green with sparkley sequins all over it.  The best part is the spandex shorts underneath that have large pockets for carrying gels and such (a must for long runs and races).  I was hooked after this and bought their mud busters (just the shorts) for under other running costumes.
 I was going to order a whole new skirt for running but since I really love the zipper pocket in the waistband for my phone and with the cold weather requiring a jacket for my gels I got these two "commando" skirts instead.  They don't have the built in shorts so you can wear leggings or shorts of your own under.  Autumn and Purple Passion are great and really make me feel special on my weekly long runs.

This is me after my Sunday long run with purple passion.  I can pop my mud busters under it and have some extra carrying capacity and keep warm with double "coverage" on my legs in the chilly months ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment