Thursday, July 9, 2015

Fourth of July Stuff

The weekend started out on Friday with my nephews 2nd birthday party.  It was a small party with grandparents from both sides, his great-grandpa and Manfriend and me.  My sister did a great job with making a construction theme.  

 Manfriend and I got him a bulldozer that you pedal with a tow behind dump truck type thing.  He insisted that it get put in the sandbox.  Best part of his birthday gift is that I found it out to the curb a few weeks before on garbage night.  New mission, find something out to the curb for all of his birthdays and Christmas.  For Christmas he got a wooden sink and oven set that I had found out to the curb (we are talking heavy duty ones like you find in a school class).  Of course I also get him lots of little random things throughout the year.
 That night was the lighting of the bay with the ring of fire.  It was a pretty bug free year with nice cool temps as well.  Perhaps it was pretty bug free because my Papa Bear sprayed bug spray around the yard a few days before.
 Speaking of Papa Bear, he lit one of the floating paper lanterns that acts like a hot air balloon.  Well, he released it and it was kind of a dud and landed on his boat.  He scrambled into the boat and attempted to get it to float in the sky but it landed on the dock so he had to scramble out of the boat just as fast as he went into the boat and this time it ended up in the water.  Major dud of a lantern if you ask me.
 On the 4th they brought back the boat parade.  My mom had us all helping her that morning to decorate my Grandpa's party barge.  The theme was Salute Our Troops.  The boat came out looking nice for the parade and more boats participated this year than before.  That afternoon was the usual family picnic/cookout and poker game.  Next year we are starting a Scat (31) card game.
 I will save my birthday (Sunday, July 5) for another post.  How was your 4th of July weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment