Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Up! themed baby shower

Awhile back my sister Jen asked me what theme I would like for my shower.  I said Up!  I had decorated our one guest bedroom in the Up! theme and had made our Christmas invitations for this past year based on the movie Up!  (I am quite the planner apparently).  
Christmas Invites from 2014
Up! room
 So Jen took the idea and went with it grabbing all the key details from the movie and incorporating them into the shower that she had to move to my aunts cottage the day before due to the weather.
 She had little balloons cut out everywhere and framed photos of posters and things that you see in the movie.  The beverages were in a section she cleverly labeled drink up.
 Upon arrival she pinned a grape soda badge on me and said, "you're in the club now."  Most of the family really didn't understand some of the small details she included but I appreciate all the effort she put into the small things that made the theme complete.  The invites were beyond adorable with the Up house on them along with the words Adventure is out There and a garden hose trim/border.
 Of course she served up some yummy food including fruits, a veggie tray, scones, muffins,  cheese/cracker platter, egg dish, cookies, sticky buns and cinnamon rolls with a bonus dessert of make your own ice cream sundaes.
 The family enjoyed all the yummy food and hanging out on a rainy day.  Critter and I were showered with lots of love and will get to continue our running adventures with our new Bob running stroller--the distance runner dream stroller!  Of course we also received some wonderful Dumbo items and great books to start our library.
 Some more of the decorations--Adventure is Out There!
 In addition to the grape soda badges for everyone to take home they were also given some of Kevin's Chocolates to take home.  Incase you are wondering Kevin is the bird in the movie that is lured out of hiding by chocolate.
 She even had my parents put their handprints on a mailbox to make it look identical to the one in the movie.  I am telling you, she is a detail oriented party planner and everything came out perfect.  Thanks Jen for hosting a wonderful shower for Critter and I.

2 comments:

  1. She is a detail go-getter!! Everything looked awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So THAT'S what the baby's room looks like. I thought you were going with a cardboard castle theme for the room.

    ReplyDelete