Monday, June 29, 2015

Pregnancy Week 30


Week 30:
Well, still running and that's an accomplishment in my book.  Even better is I am still fairly comfortable running minus the having to stop and use a potty on the run.  Most of my runs are 5 miles and easy pace.  I have run 604 miles since January 1 so all the miles have been pregnancy miles.  Not sure of exactly how many were pregnancy miles in December.  
Wow, hard to believe we are pretty much in single digit weeks for the countdown to Critter.  I had the last day of school on Tuesday but am still getting up in the morning to run early to beat the heat and humidity.  Sleeping in until about 6:30 or 7 though instead of getting up at 5am on running


days.  I have had a productive 3 days of summer vacation so far with cobwebbing, wiping down the kitchen cabinets (I do this about every other month anyways since they are white), majorly scrubbing the master bath shower grout and floor and weeding the gardens.  This get stuff done around the house always lasts all summer to keep me busy so not anything new or what they like to call nesting to get ready for baby.  
apparently I am all belly
Manfriend's brother and girlfriend had their baby girl on Wednesday evening and we went to visit them on Saturday.  Thursday night I meet up with a gal from the MRTT running group and had dinner.  Others were supposed to show up but did not.  It was great getting to catch up with Gretchen because she is like my sole running sister--we run the same long run pace and something just clicks when we are out running together.  Well, we don't run the same pace right now but she is super supportive of my continuing to run and knows I will be back for some long runs with her at some point.  Too bad we both have about a 40 minute drive to meet up for runs.  
fur baby having fun with all her toys as I cleaned out
I am still feeling great and have been taking about a 30 minute to hour long nap each afternoon.  We had our second hospital child birth class.  We learned 3 different rhythmic breathing techniques and Manfriend (and the other support people in the group with the mom's to be) were told to not complain that they were tired rubbing our back during labor because they might get the death stare and it's not like we can take a break because we are tired too!  I am like a breathing rhythm pro (thanks running) and Manfriend is a pro massager--all those hours rubbing my feet and such he is well prepared.  He kept rubbing my shoulders during most of the class while the other guys just kind of sat there in class on the floor doing nothing.  Our instructor also noted that we might get really quiet and not talk to our support person as we progress in labor and for them not to take it personal as we were focused on our breathing and such.  Manfriend just smiled and was like, "babe, you do this during races where you grab your water, stare off past me and then keep doing your thing."  Everything so far can be tied back to my running and training so hopefully we can draw on my experiences from running to make this whole thing continue to go smoothly.  Eeek!  Only 60ish days until due date!
time for a run
crazy Dreams:  some strange ones this week.  It involved rowing a wooden boat around smuggling rum like a pirate.  The other one had me flying a Jetson's like hover craft around a community that looked more like a college campus and searching for people hiding under blankets in shopping carts to save them from the bad guys.  You knew they were good people because they were in shopping carts covered in blankets.  If they were just walking around you left them alone.  

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are feeling so great. Pregnancy suits you!

    ReplyDelete