Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Pregnancy Week 28

Week 28
oh, glucose tolerance test you stink!  Not only do you involve having blood drawn which feels like a little kid pinching my arm but you contain way too much sugar.  There is more sugar in your little bottle than I eat total for most days.  Gross.  
Manfriend went with me because I was unsure how it was going to go.  Blood is drawn to see how you process the sugar 1 hour after you chug the drink.  About 15 minutes later my head started to hurt and 30 minutes later it was a full blown headache.  In addition to my head pounding I started to feel nauseous from the sugar.  The "icky" feeling started right away but was more noticible/intense every time Critter moved--and all that sugar was a lot of moving.  By the time the hour was up I was happy Manfriend was there to drive me home.  I had a small glass of milk to squash the feeling in my throat from the drink and took an 1 1/2 hour nap but my head was still pounding after that.  Now it is just wait for the results when I go to see the doctor next week--my first check up since week 24.  
crazy dreams:
My friend Dani wanted a horse to dress up in a costume for races and I kept trying to talk her out of the horse while the horse kept trying to talk her into buying him.  We met the horse that was dressed in mermaid fabric while out for a jog. 
Later that same night I had another dream where the people at a coffee place didn't acknowledge that I was there walking around looking for a place to chain up my bike. The coffee place was located where a gas station is near my parents house so I told them I was disappointed with their lack of service and rode my bike away to get called over by a football coach as I passed their field to teach his athletes how to do form drills.  So I spend the rest of the dream running back and forth across a football field doing high knees, butt kicks and such effortlessly.


No comments:

Post a Comment