Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Expo/Packet Pick-up

Since my momma's good friend Debbie drove up to spend a few days with us she graciously drove us over to the expo on Wednesday morning.  We arrived around 9:15 and there was already a ridiculous line for the runDisney New Balance shoes.  And I say ridiculous since the expo wasn't opening until 10am and the line was already a 2 hour wait to get a number to have a chance to try on the shoes for purchasing.
 I was in the shoe line while my mom snapped photos of the race medal banners and then decided that I wasn't going to waste my time standing in line for shoes that I didn't even know if I would like in terms of feeling good to run in.  If I am spending that kind of money I am wearing them to run in.  Good thing I left the line because they didn't even make the "Goofy" men's shoe in a small enough size for me to have even tried on to see if  I like.  Disappointed on that but glad I didn't waste time.

 With the crowd gathering outside they opened the expo early and it wasn't very crowded at all (thanks shoe line!).  As you can tell it was a bit chilly outside.  I looked like I was ready for an arctic expedition rather than a race in Florida.

 After wandering the expo for a little bit we met back up with my dad who was acting kind of funny.  He had that little smirk that he gets when he's being "punny."  He found a chalk wall for writing words of encouragement.  I added the pink chalk over the FUN so that it made more sense and stood out.
 I was going to Sparkle Skirts headquarters after the expo with my friend Kelly so waiting for her to finish expo shopping I had a free doodle done.

 Of course the family was making funny faces at me and making silly gestures as the man drew my picture.  I am a running princess with a flying Dumbo in the background.  It came out quite cute.
 I headed out to Sparkle Skirt land where the lack of damage to my credit card from the expo paid off in the form of SPARKLE!  If you are a runner or walker I highly recommend their product.  It is amazing and they are phenomenal at what they do.  The skirts are super cute, have 2 huge leg pockets and a waist band zipper pocket for carrying all your stuff.  My parents and Debbie returned to the hotel to find Jodi by the pool.
 Judgement free zone here folks.  If it is sunny and warmer than snowy NY we will lounge by the pool.  That sunshine is the best and makes you smile.  They all headed over to EPCOT where I would meet up with them later.
 Apparently my parents have a flying car and go scuba diving on a regular basis in the future.  Currently the crew prefers to indulge on adult beverages and some German food (unless you are my mom in which case you will be found in France with some desserts--yep, more than one).

No comments:

Post a Comment