Thursday, January 16, 2014

out of order Dopey-ness

So while I wait to get photos from my Momma we will do a quick recap on what I have some photos of.  I will start with the 5k and 10k. I was excited and nervous at the same time to start out the weekend.  I mean I knew I could handle the mileage but I wasn't sure about the whole getting up at 3am for 4 days in a row to run plus enjoy the parks (I am one of those go from open to close kind of people).  I met up with my high school friend Kelly each morning in the lobby and took the bus to the start with her and my parents (plus her husband one day only).
 In our corral for the start of the 5k was a great group of Up costumes.  They had the house, Kevin (the bird), Mr. Fredricksen (old man), Dug (dog), and Russell (boy).  So cute.  There was also a couple of guys in a different corral that were Mr. Fredricksen and Russell dressed to the nines (every detail).
 Lines for the characters in the 5k were awful so we just walk/jogged the entire thing.  Here are the medals all lined up at the end.  Phew!  Day one done.  After that I spent the day at the Magic Kingdom until just after the Main Street Electric parade and went back to the hotel (missed the fireworks but gained an hour of sleep by not fighting the crowds after).
 Day two of getting up early was the 10k.  Although I met Kelly again and hung out with her before the race we went into our respective corrals and ran our own races (same for the next 2 days).
 Of course it started with a few fireworks.  I dressed as Ana from Frozen for the 10k and had a lot of fun, despite the extremely humid conditions.  I felt great and kept telling myself to slow down and enjoy the race since I had the half the next day with some extreme humidity and heat in the forecast as well.
 Best thing over heard while running past some volunteers was, "dude, is she wearing a cardigan to run in?"  Yup, that would be me instead of the cape she wore in the movie.
 These were the only two characters with short (5 people or fewer) in line so I stopped.  One of my favorite parts of the 10k was getting to run around the World Showcase at EPCOT in the dark with it all lit up.  Made me really miss the old Marathon course when we would get to do that.  I did enjoy running along the boardwalk all lit up as well.
 Day two of running was a success followed by a 2 hour nap before heading to Disney's Hollywood Studios for the afternoon.  Unfortunately the Fantasmic! show was cancelled due to technical difficulties.
 We did enjoy some Lights! Motors! Action! and a few of the other shows while we were there.  I am amazed at how much I can cram into a day at the park with a little bit of planning.
 Plus it helps to have some fun(ny) looking people with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment