Friday, January 31, 2014

Rochester Flower City Half Marathon 2014

With Luke deciding to run a half marathon with me we are getting him on a training schedule.  Right now he has been very diligent about elliptical-ing several days a week for 20-30 minutes.  In a few weeks he will start the couch to 5k program and participate in the 5k during the Rochester Flower City Half Marathon in April.  I will be running the Half Marathon.  I am in my first week of a personally modified Hanson's Marathon Method program (loved it for the Dopey Disney weekend).
After the 5k he will start working toward completing a 10k(To Be Determined) and from there we will find a half marathon.  I am hinting that Walt Disney's Wine and Dine in November would be fun or the Tower of Terror 10 miler (hey- it's close enough in my book for his half) so that I can check out Halloween at Disney.  Our half marathon will be picked out fairly soon though since we will likely be traveling somewhere to do this--a little mini vacation to celebrate this accomplishment.  Even if he does not fall in love with running, like I am hoping he does, he will be on the road to being more fit which is a goal of his.

No comments:

Post a Comment