Wednesday, February 26, 2014

New Shoes and I'm in Love

First off let me just say that this is my own opinion and what works for me in shoes does not work for everyone.  With that totally random disclaimer there without further waiting my new shoes:
 They are the Books Pure Drift.  Oh, and apparently they are the old style.  I tried on a different pair in the regular aisle of DSW (I know my running style so I shop where I can, if you are unsure of your running needs then I highly recommend a running specialty store to get properly fitted) instead of the clearance section.  I found these in the clearance section and they definitely fit differently, in a good way for me.
 They are super light, flexible and very minimal.  I've found that I really love minimal shoes.  While this is a preference for me it is not the right type of shoe choice for everyone.
 Hey, those kind of remind me of another pair of shoes that you have?  That is because they are about as close to them as I can find since the Brooks Green Silence were discontinued.  Here they are side by side.
 Similar shape and asymmetrical lacing style.  Lots of fabric and not much else on the upper.  This makes for a very comfy shoe in my opinion that feels like a sock with a hard bottom.
 The treads on the shoes are different but both very flexible.  Lots of grooves allow for the shoe to flex and for my foot to go through its natural range of motion.   Lastly, the two shoes have a low profile (the heel isn't huge), which allows for me to land on my mid-foot and continue through my natural stride.  The Pure Drift does sit a little closer to the ground but the overall feel is very similar.  I love new shoes.
The smell of brand new sneakers fresh out of the box--can we make that into a car air freshener?

No comments:

Post a Comment