Monday, February 10, 2014

When will it be spring?

 Although I have no desire to go back to running 8 laps to the mile on a cruise ship for a 10 miler  I do miss the nice weather.  I am ready for the extreme cold and snow to melt away into spring.  I will even settle for temperatures above 20 degrees for a few days and no wind.  The wearing 3 pairs of pants and 3 shirts plus a windbreaker is starting wearing on my patience.  But somewhere shortly after my toes went numb despite the wool socks I realized, hey there are only about 4 more weeks of this extreme frozen-ness and then we start to warm up.
Before we know it spring will be here and I can feel like Olaf from Frozen and be sooo happy since I will no longer be wearing yak tracks, layers and worried about frostbite.  I suppose that without the extreme cold that winter brings I would not appreciate the warmth and sunshine of spring as it fades into summer and crisp fall air with leaves crunching under my feet.  I can only think that getting out the door to run on these frigid days will make me mentally tougher.

No comments:

Post a Comment