Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Disney Cruise 2015



After Goofy Manfriend and I boarded the Disney Dream for the Inaugural Castaway Cay 5k Challenge.  I've enjoyed cruises in the past and was really looking forward to our Disney cruise.  We had an interior cabin that was quite spacious.  
 We were excited that it had a bathtub instead of a shower.  This meant not water wasn't going to be on the bathroom floor (those "lips" on the showers aren't very tall) or me struggling to shave my legs.  Fortunately we liked our room and I spend a lot of time sleeping in that bed.
 Of course it rained as we were getting ready to leave port for our voyage so the send off party was moved inside instead of on the pool deck.
 We did end up taking a trip on the Aquaduck later in the cruise.  It was a fun little water tube slide.  That first night I was looking forward to the stage show and we went to the theater.  I had to get up and leave before the show started.  I felt so sick and nauseous.  The ship was rocking and I don't do moving well.  I went to bed, missed dinner and slept until the next morning when we arrived in Nassau, Bahamas.  I had breakfast and wanted to go back to bed since I still felt sick.  Fortunately Manfriend dragged my behind out of bed to just walk around the main area near the cruise ship and I felt much better.
 We decided it would be a good idea to start taking weekly photos of the growing bump.  I remember feeling kind of "pudgy" on the cruise but it's probably cause I had to go #2 and it just wasn't happening.
 Leaving Nassau we had some misty rain and were treated to a small rainbow.
The next day we would wake up to Castaway Cay where I would run the 5k.  I was very much looking forward to Disney's private island.  As much as we like cruising we are hoping that any future cruises we take are to the Eastern Caribbean since they seem to be less "rocky" for me and smoother sailing--plus Nassau has been our least favorite port of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment