Monday, March 23, 2015

Pregnancy Week 8 and 9


8 weeks and apparently this critter is the size of a raspberry.  I like raspberries so we will take it!    Still a somewhat sore/scratchy throat at night, all night and in the morning with a little cough from the airport germs but other than that not doing too bad.  I went for an easy 3 miles today (4 yesterday and 3 day before).  I've got to start gradually building my miles back up so I am ready for a Seneca 7 race I am doing with my local MRTT running group at the end of April (priorities is what I am sure you are thinking but it is perfectly ok for me to keep up the running as long as I can carry on a conversation and drink plenty of fluids).  Getting excited to tell my folks and have to figure out how we want to do that.   Hoping that I don't start to show too soon because you just never know.  

Crazy dreams from week 8
Oh, they have begun.  First off they aren't that crazy but they are strange.  I had to wear a polkadot vest with a bike helmet and was put in charge of being the pacer on a wooden track for a race.  I was to ride a bike and not run for my pacing job.  The track was blue and the size of an indoor track but it was outdoors next to the Erie Canal and had a small building next to it that was selling ice-cream instead of boat tour tickets.  
The other dream was my mom and I going to see a show and it was a huge movie screen with a digital circus (like Donkey Kong).  All of the sudden the screen dropped and a guy was sitting on the trapeze coughing and asked if anyone had a cough drop.  My mom walks up the bleachers and offers him a variety of items from her bag to help him feel better.  Why am I dreaming about a circus?

Week 9 and critter is the size of an olive.  So far so good.  Haven't really been nauseous or sick feeling at all other than while at Disney/cruising so I chalk that up to not eating at regular intervals.  Manfriend tells me I still look just as skinny as before even though I can tell there is a little bump in my belly.  I used to be flat across my hips but now there is a little bump there so I suppose we are cooking a critter.  We go at 11 weeks for the ultrasound and my first doctors appointment.  Sure seems awful late for the first appointment but I guess I am not high risk or anything so they pushed it kind of late.  Goody for me cause I am not a fan of doctors, needles or anything related to doctors/hospitals. 
Yeah, that is some pudge in my belly thank you very much Critter and hormones for the bloating and lack of pooping these past few weeks.  

Crazy Dreams from week 9
I had about 5 kittens that I dressed up in doll type clothes and dangled treats in front of them to get them to "stand up" and made a music video of them.  They were wearing things like animal print leg warmers and headbands (a-la- 80's style).  Somehow Marsha Brady was involved in helping me with this music video.
Other dream--I collected reusable Wegman's bags and punched holes in them to save in binders.  I sat around for hours punching holes and admiring my reusable bag collection.  


No comments:

Post a Comment